Monday, February 27, 2012

2/24/2012

I added a fun experimental tune called "All@Once" because everything you hear was played all at the same time. My NS/Stick is midi-ed so the each note of the chord triggered different percussion rythms and drums. The organ and synth triggered from the same chord and bass and guitar are the actual sound of the NS/Stick. At the 'Record STore" link select 45's and scroll to the bottom or just click 'here' and look for "ALL@Once"



Just a quick something until I have more time this weekend. I have a wonderful seesion Monday for a young artist. Those seem to be happening more and more the older I get.... 'go figure'. The beauty of being a player and writer is that it is ageless. Beethoven would look pretty awful today however... we still hear his music. I'll talk more about the session Tuesday, some noted fine players and producer involved.



Two videos (fingers crossed) will come out of a live performance I did at the "Baked Potato". (famous club here in Los Angeles, I mention that for those that don't know as I realize it seems like a silly name.) The second video will be one of a new technique I developed on the NS/Stick, you have to see it to appreciate. My favorite kind of technique. Anyway I wrote a song around the technique and will video it. Nice solo piece. Then put the video on everyones favorite "youtube". It will link back to (everyone's favorite website - here!) where I will (fingers crossed) have added to the audio, added some overdubs to give a more produced recorded version of the tune. Lots to do. Time is crunched but... we have projects.

Enjoy your day, /Don

------------------------------------------------------------------------



New news with the old still there from the other day!!

I added a new tune on the Schiff Bros. CD called "Rio Nights" click and go have a listen then add it to your collection. This is a piece I specifically wrote

for my brother to feature on tenor and then he throws in a stylin' flute solo as well. I enter later with a fun lead solo and we land together at the

end.







A new day a new news. This a little in advance but heck why not. To me anything beyond tomorrow is far off so this is like... outta sight.



I'll be performing in Vancouver, BC

at Cellar Jazz is Thursday, May 24 at 8pm.

3611 W. Broadway Ave. and on

May 27th - Granville Island.

There will also be a "Stick Seminar XI" I'll be co-teaching at. For more info. go to http://www.jimmeyer.ca/stick/



I'll be posting a tune I'm working on, a 'work in progress' to give us something new to listen to. It has a fun bass line (NS/Stick actually) and a lot of nice rhythmic parts (NS/Stick again). Needs a melodic lead I think and I'm working on it. Of course real percussion, loops are fun for reference and tracking. Anyway it is up for listening as it gets built. You can purchase of course if you like at this point however I'll leave a full listen. And update it as we go and build. For now lets call it "Progress" (and this link will take you to it).



This weekend I'll do a video and tune. I have a new NS/Stick technique I want to show. That will be the video aspect and I will add amusing aspects to it as it seems even I get bored just watching me so I'm thinking of an interesting side line story or background to give us "Get bored easy ' types somethin' to hold on too while listening. Then I'll produce the music aspect of the video to a higher production and polish and put it up at the "Record Store". The Video, more for lookin' at the new technique, very interesting and funny enough I'm interested to see it too!!! I only see it from my side of my eyes, I'm anxious to watch it from your aspect. Should be fun, LOL you should see it from my side its a bit insane when I think about it...... so I try not to.



Been takin' my dog out for some nice walks, and noticed lately...." my dog smiles and gets really happy..... watchin' me pick her poops up in a plastic bag and carry it for her on the way home!!" I"ve notice this little smirk of delight in that from her as if she says, "Thats right, I brought it this far, now you pick it up in the bag, tie it off, and carry it home with us". Funny dog, and she thinks, crazy person carryin' poops around.



Speaking of which: It seems as I go threw old posts I have a string of 'walkin' the dog stories"



Okay, Last time I told a dog story it was the one where I forgot to bring a Poop bag but had a very small kleenex. So I balance the Large TURD in the small kleenex, Cell phone rang, I grabbed it out of my pocket, dogs lurched, Poops got unbalanced while teetering in the kleenex... Poop hit the phone just as I put it to my ear, ...... Smooosh!!!! It even sounded like it smelled bad!



And then there was:



The dog (Lovely Shepard mix) just loves those walks and seems to relish a nice place to poop (has all day to do it at home) but would rather me carry it around the block instead. Walk the dog up, walk the dog and poop back. I have a technique where I put the plastic bag inside out on my hand, capture the poop, pull the plastic bag 'right side out' and the Hand comes out clean and Poop safely captured in the bag.... "To bad this bag had a hole in the bottom". Finger stayed inside the bag!" I must say, she's a warm dog inside... Quite the steamy turd! (I think I saw her laughing! with her funny dog smile with tongue hangin' out!"



I also have fish now, I like 'em they stay put, no walking.



Have a great day!

Don

















o



Enjoy!/Don



Back to www.donschiff.com

No comments:

Post a Comment