Saturday, March 14, 2009


































The Official Streamy Awards Nominees

"The following are the official nominees for the 1st Annual Streamy Awards, honoring the best in web television from 2008, announced on March 14, 2009. This is the single authoritative list of Official Nominees. The live Awards Ceremony will be live broadcast online on March 28, 2009 at 7:30 PM. Head to www.streamys.org to watch."

I just love the way all that sounds, in short "The Guild" is up for more awards. "Best writing, acting, directing AND...... "Best Original Music in a Web Series".

In case you are new to reading my posts, I wrote the Theme music to this show. I've done several Television Movies and Theater Movies and you are always hoping the next project you are doing gets the attention you wish for. 

Like the "Regis and Kelly" musical theme I submitted a few months back, well it got attention alright.... however not for the music I wrote. Another composers music was selected. (All my best wishes to him). 

Maybe this is the time my music will be selected for the award, and that's "Show Business!" If you do it for the love of your art you'll be fine. If you do it for the "Hope of big bucks, fame and fortune" you may become disillusioned and unhappy. "Fame and Fortune" are by products for me, not my passion for doing it. 

I have a meeting coming up next week for another "Web Television Series" that is going into production. This new medium is starting to take off. The productions on these shows is still quite involved and can get expensive as you see on the credits they run at the end with 'a list of names' just like network television. The same amount of production goes into them, they are just geared for 'internet television' which means they aren't 30 minute shows, usually each show runs 3-6 minutes. That's without commercial interruption, so that is equivalent to about 15 minutes of a network show.

Anyway, this is a new medium, a wide open new territory equivalent to when radio shows became television shows...and "we're" on the ground floor and rising! Very exciting I think.

I believe, Internet and Television will merge and you'll just select from your television what show you want to watch, either a Movie or network TV show or the Internet TV show. It will all take place on your high definition Tv in your living room. And God willing, my music will appear on many of the shows.

Hey, well all for now, I've got to get learning the songs for the upcoming "Rocket Scientists" tour. Lot's of music, lots of fun.
Be well and stay there!
Don