Monday, May 18, 2009

"The Headless Stickman"

Hi Steve and everyone,

(Steve writes in regaring the "Rocket Scientists/Nasa" video about how it looks like I'm headless 5:17 into the video)

> ...guitar solo. And your headless musician representation at
5:17 is killer.<

LOL!! Ya gotta love that... And ya know... come next Halloween I'll be dressed up as the "Headless Stickman!"

I was also trying to really embrace Ned Steinbergers 'headless' guitar designs!!
So I yelled out "We salute you Ned... and then I took my head off.

"Okay, I'm done..."

It was a fun gig. Behind us they even had a 'space suite' "As seen on TV!"... and the moon". It's amazing they ever walked on the moon! So many little switches that beg curious fingers... "What's this one do!!!." 'click - and then poof! he'd probably expand like gas balloon. Not the gig for me...

Sometimes you go out on stage and feel like your walkin' on the moon,.. people staring at you wondering what's gonna happen, will a malfunction happen, will they witness a musical Hindenburg!

I've taken part in a few musical Hindenburgs in my time, they can be quite funny and disastrous at the same time. I brought a whole musical production number and a 30 piece orchestra to a 'grinding halt' once. LOVED every moment of it until I found out it was my fault. "AHHHHH dag nabbit".

Their were 8 dancers jumpin' high into the air, singin' (unbeknowst to the audience to a click track cause you can't jump and sing at the same time)... "So I missed a few clicks at the top of the tune...what's the big deal" (Thinkin' about what I'm gonna eat after the show probably)...

So now the Dancers are jumpin' and twirlin' and their lips are movin' BUT... no vocals until they land - and aren't supposed to be singing! Then the vocals kick in again!!! They all get so confused... some trying to match the dance steps to the vocals, others trying to match the vocals to their steps... Their lost, loosing their places on stage tryin' not to bump into each other and the scenery.... Dancers ALL OVER the place... hoppin' up an down - flopping all over the place like fish outta water while movin' their lips.... "IT WAS GREAT!!!" like I said,... right up to the point of finding out.... "OOOOOPS, did I do that!?

Oh well, hey it makes a great story.........

Very funny stuff, Okay everyone go out and have fun, I will too.
Don

No comments:

Post a Comment