Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"Certified!"

Strange but true story for me... and a first.

I'm driving home this evening and stop at the traffic light, the girl driving in the car to my left is mouthing words... so I roll down my window to hear what she is saying. 

She says, "Dude, you are soooo cool!"


Stunned I said, 'Thanks that's so kind of you to say!" and drive on.  

Coincidentally my cell phone was ringing right afterwards and it was my wife, I was so excited to tell her, I said, "Hey, apparently I'm certifiably cool because an unknown third party has just verified this!" She laughed! As I'm still stunned.

She's such a good sport, it reminds me of the time this band I was in  would announce our hotel room numbers on stage. Everyone gave wrong numbers but me cause I was always curious who would show up! Apparently no one as months went on like this.

One day going back to my room two lovely ladies are heading in the right direction. I follow thinking, Nah... never happen. Well now there they are knocking on my room door. I'm stunned!  Extra stunned because on that tour I also had my wife an young son with me on the road. I watch the drama unfold as my wife answered.... Look the girls over and said, " C'mon on it he'll be here soon he's always wondered if anyone would ever show up!"

Thats' my girl. Married 33 years... and she never ceases to amaze me.

Well, lots of cool stuff comin' up next week, I'll write more then. Perhaps I'll have  an "I'm certifiably cool" T-shirt made up by then!"
Excellent!
Don

No comments:

Post a Comment