Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Alas poor Urich, I knew him well!"

I went to the taping of season 3 of "The Guild". I was BLOWN away. The shoot was taking place at my friend Pat Duncan's house.( great writer/director- Pat wrote one of my favorite movies Mr. Hollands Opus). 

When I drove up I saw Pat's house with a moving van out front. The Van was full (now empty) of Movie making equipment, everything you need to make "Lights, Camera and ACTION!!!".
Each room in his house was a 'set' to look like each characters house in the show. Movie Stuff EVERYWHERE, even the Kitchen. People everywhere from wardrobe to make-up to grips.
I said, Wow you no longer live in a house you live in a movie set! 

Pat was at a meeting so while waiting for him it was fun to stroll through the house and watch all the action. My son Aaron was with me so while we were there, we set him up to be an 'Extra" in the show. He loves the show, so now he'll have the added bonus of 'while watching it' he can 'watch himself' while watching tv. 

Pat came in, saw there was barely room to move - and since we came to go have lunch anyway.... that was a good time to do so.

So Pat, Aaron and I went to "Campanile's" Restaurant. A bit of a historic place and speaking of movies and sets... It was Charlie Chaplin's office building and it also had apartments that he used for guests as well to live in. Classic look and now an elegant restaurant.

Pat is immediately recognized by the staff as we walk in and we are shown to a wonderful table. The food was "GREAT" real class, with there 'special' chef creations that even make everyday items taste fantastic. I usually don't over eat... but I did. Stuffed and it's two days later, I'm still full.

So now we go back to Pats, production is still in full swing - it's 3:pm and they started at 6:am. It reminded me of how glad I was not to pursue acting, I'm not a morning person unless I've been up all night giving me a  "running start into the next morning".

Aaron heads over to the 'shoot' tomorrow morning "8:am" start... again "Glad I didn't pursue an  acting career". Go super Aaron! Call me when your done... "Give 'em you best Hamlet quotes!"

Excellent!
Don


No comments:

Post a Comment