Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A tour of last 3 tours


Yay! Rocket Scientists got another award, this one was for the participation in the Baja Prog festival. We did get another award at the Rotherham, England Progressive Rock festival. I don't recall what it was for however until I find pictures of us accepting it.... 'trust me, it looked a lot like this .... lol.


After that we went back east to Lakewood, Ohio and played the Winchester Theater. A Very nice time was had. I recall the meal before this gig being EXCELLENT... hence while I am pictured here playing a solo... I'm thinkin' "Wow, that was a great meal! I'm stuffed!"

Then on to Rotherham, England. Now that was a trip. I loved the plan ride. Sure ya think, "C'mon 9 hours in a plan!!! That's gotta be rough.

BUT! here's how I look at it. "Where else can ya sit in a nice reclined chair, not be bothered, watch movies and TV all day while someone brings you food and stuff to drink! and not be called a 'Lazy Bum!" I'd never get away with that at home! Hence, same situation but on a plan... and suddenly 'your working', part of the job, poor guy - has to travel all day. Well truth be known I really like it. I catch up on all the movies I haven't seen, all the "Family Guy" episodes I've missed and some darn fine documentaries I wouldn't bother watching at home. It's all good at 30,000 feet up.

Well then... on to Vancouver, I just got back. I did some solo shows and taught a lovely Stick seminar with Steve Adelson. Great wonderful group of participants.
Here is a few of us, (Jim and Louis) moments before I downed "A LOT" of (Canada's own) "Tim Horton donuts"... Ohhhh they were gooood.., Reeaaal Goood!







And.. here's the rest of the group.

Vancouver is Gorgeous!

Hey we even went "5 pin bowling". It was great fun, I've never done that before... and was about as bad as I am at 10 pin. But we had the best time! "Hi everyone!" (if you're lookin' in on my blog!) Thanks for such a GREAT time 

Nathen, Louis, John, Scott, Noel, Katy, Grant, Augy, Jim, Glen, bottom row -
Neil, Mike, Griffin, Steve, Diane and myself.