Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Gettin' ready to hit the road


Well, Rocket Scientists is getting ready to 'hit the road' again. On our way to San Francisco then Clinton, NY. I've  noticed a lot of pictures of me alone, and "Ya know"... I'm a small part of a large band. So here's Mark McCrite (what I call 'visiting') me on stage. Visiting is fun in this band. A great bunch to tour with. We will have a 'guest' drummer on this tour as Chris Quirarte had prior committments and can't make these couple dates. We will have Jay Schellen from "ASIA - featuring John Payne" with us for this tour. Welcome aboard as we'll "Visit" onstage and have a blast.

As we are at least on the "Tour a month club" as I call it, the shows are getting easier. This is Progressive Rock so I tend to 'pay attention' to how the rather lengthy songs go. Add to that the numerous time changes and you could find yourself looking for a 'slide ruler' to navigate your way back into the song! 

Now, we've got a few tours and rehearsals under our belt so the playing is fun and easy. All the time changes feel like 4/4 even when they are 14/8. It's a lot of fun that way, you feel like, "Oh this feels great, what a nice song, I think I'll go visits Mark, or Jim, Chris... "Oh look Eriks got a fortress of keyboards around him" (and that wall of lights behind him is also part of his keyboard rig!), I'll go knock on his door for a visit.
And so with eyes closed, I salute you all and envision seeing you all at the next gig! EXCELLENT!
Don