Saturday, June 21, 2008

Home Movies








Ahhh home movies, well almost. We feel at home in this studio. I've been recording there since ohhhhh Way back! I think Lincoln was president. I even may have met Erik in that studio. Back in the 80's, maybe my first deluxe studios I did sessions in. Back in the day when their was a huge Studer 24 track tape deck.







I get asked a lot what's it like in the studio. Here's a cool look. This video was shot at "Woodcliff Studio" in Sherman Oaks, California. As you'll see in this 'movie above' it is a rather complex tune and we've got our heads (okay, my head) buried in the music. LOTS of head nodding to cue each other "Heads Up odd bar and lick alert!!!"

It also has me playing unique instruments aside from my already unique Stick instruments. You've seen me with the NS/Stick and the Grand Stick but this video also includes the "Bowed Guitar". It is a guitar that has a cello like bridge so you can bow each string individually or together. Check it out. I thought you might get a kick out of it.

In the full length DVD this footage is from, the next scene has me in front of the 'donuts' of course.
Don