Friday, September 26, 2008

The "Skypes" the limit!

How fun is that!?! We have been having a blast. Yes lesson from Irag to England to Kansas and all points in between. A most enjoyable time is had by all. Thank you all, and I welcome everyone else that would like to 'join the fun!'.

I'm pretty entertaining... "Just ask me!" and so unfortunately the hour slips by so fast... and we hang out longer anyway, just because it is so astonishing to be giving lessons halfway round the world and yet, it's like we're all in the same neighborhood.

I used to teach in a music school when I had more time... it was as entertaining (I tell ya, the older I get, the funnier younger people are). I remember being the "youngster" with my long hair, rebel ways (okay, you know me... I was very POLITE about my rebelness) but I recall the 'headshaking" of that older generation. Now "I see" what was so funny. Being young, is just funny.

Anyway,  I tour to much to keep a regular schedule but scheduling Skype lessons solved that, so I'd like to try opening up lessons for 'music' in general.  Heck, if you'd like to see if I could help you get 'kick started' in your Stick, NS/Stick, guitar, bass, song writing, lyric writing... heck, Skype or email me (donschiff@sbcglobal.net put -look@melook@u- in the subject) ... Have I gotta lesson for you, we'll talk about it, happy to help if I can.

Okay, gotta gig coming up in October. A seminar and concert. Neil Bettencourt has joined me on drums/percussion and stuff ya hit. We have been rehearsing and I couldn't be happier. After this seminar and concert, I'll start booking festivals and put a tour together for my solo shows with Neil. I'm really enjoying the unique style we've found. I'd tell ya more, but how 'bout I play a place near you, and you come on out and see us. We'll have a blast.

I had the "Supreme" compliment the other day. It's nice when people ask for your autograph and are so polite saying, "I don't wish to disturb you but could I...." Let me tell ya, I waited a 
l-o-n-g time for someone to want my autograph... "Heck I'll chase ya down if I think you want one!"

Anyway I got an email requesting an Autograph picture as a gift for someone. (I tried giving my wife one for Christmas, but "somehow" the 'charm' was lost on her and I had to go buy something else). Oh well, I'm on this one though, got a nice picture all picked out for them. 

Then Speaking of fun stuff like that, ... this took me by surprise. I got stopped the other day as someone had a big "Don Schiff wall Clock!" with them, complete with my picture with hour, minute and second hands on it... and they wanted it autographed! (I don't even have a "don schiff clock!" (But I think I'll get one for my wife for Christmas, I'll try again!) So I signed it, "Nice Spending Time With You!" ...... C'mon, that was a good one!

Maybe I'll sign my wife's, "Could ya stand me one more minute!" (I joke, we've been at each other... I mean together 30 some years now). I love it.

Alright, gotta run now and so I'll close with.. "I'll keep practicing, you keep listening"
Take care,
Don