Friday, July 11, 2008

Excellent Tour

Well, it's been awhile since I last wrote, sorry.. whew between tired and busy, it just didn't happen. The San Francisco "Bay Area Rock" festival was grand! I took my wife up to San Francisco (we live in S. California). She has retired soooo now she has more time to "hit the road" with me. It was very cute as she got the nice VIP treatment at the club as she got to sit in the upstairs lounge area behind thick glass and comfy seats to watch the show down below.

I didn't even know they had such a thing at this club and as it was a rather large club I couldn't see her from the stage. My phone range, and since we hadn't started yet, I answered. She said, "I'm upstairs!". I said, "I didn't know they had one". As I looked up, there I saw a phone waiving back and forth. Ohhhhhh, there you are. Very nice, "Thanks, bye, gotta play now."

Oh yes, back to the 'cute' part. So mid show I have a rather large 'solo' spot. Well it goes over very nicely and the crowed just loved it. lots of applause and cheers. Well over ALL that yellin' I hear my wife's "Super Sonic" (thumb and finger to lips) pearcing whistle cutting through from the back of the upstairs - behind the class VIP room. I looked up ...smiled and laughed, "That's my girl!"

Then onto upstate NY. Another great gig and fun time on the road. From their I went to Philadelphia to see my family. It was a blast as always. I did bring Tasty Cakes home. I like the Butter Scotch Crimpets. We go back in late August. I'll get more, these didn't last two days.

The next tour is around August 24th, Chicago, Pittsburgh and upstate New York.  The promoters said they would take us to Niagra Falls and for a boat ride behind the falls. I've never been so it'll be GREAT!

You all take care, I'll write again soon.
Don