Saturday, December 5, 2009

"A Very Progressive Christmas"

"A Very Progressive Christmas"
A Lovely Compilation of Christmas music done in a "Progressive Rock Style".

It is now up and looking lovely. Click the title (in green and red letters) and you will be taken to the site to Peruse/listen/purchase.

My contribution is called "Christmas Time Is Here".
This was a lot of fun to write and record. I had never thought to do such a project but when the opportunity came up it seemed like a wonderful idea. Create a Holiday feeling song with musical inflections of Progressive Rock music.

I have Neil Bettencourt playing drums on it supplying phenomenal drive and groove. The NS/Stick is used mostly for the instruments and just because we can, it is a vocal piece as well sung by myself. Wonderful project, I wish them the best with this one.

This being Vo. 1 "I'm guessin' next year.... they'll be another".

Hey maybe continuing the theme their should be a "New Years" CD. The Catch is you have to record and finish by 12:am Dec 31st - Fully hammered on your favorite beverage! (That would be "Egg Nog" for me,) but hey I'm in.

All right, on to the next project, crankin' 'em out now.
What is that next project? Well one of them is to accompany "Lance" as he sings " America The Beautiful" for the opening of a "Los Angeles Kings" hockey game. I'll let us know when the time comes which game it will be should some of you like to "Come on out and Cheer"... Or do like my son will and come to watch to see if Pappy slips on the ice while walking out. He would love that and "LAUGH!"

Once while touring through Detroit in winter (Ice and Snow everywhere). I was getting on the nice tour bus and the person in front of me on the first step - Reaches down and grabs the front of my coat and pulls me up and in the bus. Very 'impressive' yank and Very kind of "HER", LOL, she just thought, "You just look like your gonna fall". Young adults today! You get past 30 and they think your gonna break your 'hip' just gettin' outta bed!

Alright the tree is up, lights are blinking "Christmas Time Is Here" - go give it a listen.
Don



No comments:

Post a Comment