Sunday, July 27, 2008

Concert Photo's

These photo's were of the Bay Area Rock Festival in San Francisco 5/18/2008.
We had a blast, behind the venue they had a LARGE cookout for all the bands that evening. It was like a giant 'band backyard bar-b-que'. Huge grill cooking burgers, hotdogs, steaks, pork, spicey sausage, and lots of beer... and soda's for people like me who 'fall down fast' after drinking the neck of a beer. I'm known for that 'funny limit' and the quite the guy to hang around in the bar with if you like beer with just the 'neck' drunk down... "Practically a full beer"... two sips, I'm done - anything past that and I get a bit wobbly... however, Donuts I can devour.

















For us Stick enthusiast's notice the positioning of the NS/Stick neck angle compared to the guitarists. I'm at about a 2 O'clock position while the guitars hang about 3 O'clock. I use that same angle for tapping, slide style playing and plucking. Just an observation that I got from looking at these pictures. For those that play, interesting information. In that first 'solo' picture of me, look close at my right hand, you can see the metal slide gripped between my 1st and 2nd finger.
Well, I'm here in San Francisco area at the moment attending a wedding as my brother-in-law just got married, it was a lovely wedding ceremony on the beach at "Baker Beach" below Golden Gate bridge and down the beach a bit. Just lovely and a perfect day for it. No one got around to getting a 'permit' to have the ceremony on the beach so it had a nice element of excitement looking over our shoulders to see if the beach patrol was comin' around to scoop us up. Alas, a perfect day! The Wedding ended at the beach instead of the downtown police station. It's an incredibly LARGE and funny family I married into and 'believe it or not' the wedding would have worked well eitherway.
Take care,
Don