Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sour Braten

Ah a lovely dish and delicious as well. It's a German dish called and spelled correctly sauerbraten. I bring this little story up as I hear Rocket Scientists are headlining a festival in Germany this upcoming November. Sure, I'll get times and dates but, really, this early I just think, Oh what shall I eat while I'm over there.

Well this is one of my favorite dishes. It also reminds me of the time my wife and I used to go to this lovely German restaurant in Las Vegas (When we were just kids in love). We'd order this dish all the time and kind of giggled at the name... one day I had bad breath, and to this day our 'code' name for 'bad breath' is "Honey, SauerBraten breath, have a mint!" Of course if it's my breath, it's "Oh my word!! Your breath is 6 feet long! do something about that!" Like, stand in then next room and call me on the cell phone. Yikes, whatta ya eatin' out garbage cans!

Ah, the gentler days of dating, no one farted, burped loud and Sauerbraten was just a food.
Don