Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"Hot Date"

Here's an "oldy but goody" story I found in the archives going some years back, 12/2/02 to be exact. It was entitled "On The Road Dating!"
The band was "Stacia" and we were touring in support of the CD
called "Hush" -
.... I figure I'll be travelin' to Las Vegas while you're readin' this so you can pretend your in the back seat as I go into my "Story Tellin' Mode" (my son always loved that). When we were lookin' at colleges for him we drove to Humbolt county (6 hours from where we were stayin'). I didn't figure it out 'til later but he kept sayin' "Hey Don, there's another drive thru Starbucks, get yourself somethin' " and I would.
Well that was all just his secret plan to load me up on caffiene and keep me tellin' story after story'. If you ask my wife she'll roll her eyes and tell ya', "Yea, he Yaked the WHOLE 6 HOURS!"
And so sit back - relaxe- we just pulled out of Starbucks and I'm chuggin' my "Vanilla Soy Latte" my lips are flappin' as I take ya back back 6 years to another 'time, place and tour' to bring you;
"On The Road Dating"
Now we were on tour and flew in to Detroit to stay for a couple days. At the end of those couple days we're informed we have a 4 1/2 hour drive to get us to Torch Lake. We (the band "Stacia") figure we'll leave in the late morning and get there just in time before daylight ends. A good call, considering none of us has ever seen this place, plus snow and the possible "getting lost" factor - it just made good sense to get an early start...
We all had a nice "partying evening" when I decided to turn in for the night and get a good rest for the long "sit" in the car the next morning. Nice car mind you... "FULLY loaded, leather seats, Cadillac jeep of some sort... comfy but nonetheless, a long time to just "sit."
SOOoooooOOoooo long about 5 AM, I notice as I'm awoken, that I have a "Date" in bed with me..."Ahhhhhhhhhh" and "Oh no!" I say to myself... I've somehow gotten in bed with and dated one of the "Rhea" sisters. Now this isn't good...I've got a LONG drive ahead and here I am in bed with one of the Rhea sisters. As I know it, there are three sisters, we've all dated one of them at some point in our lives...as they're affectionately known as Dia, Pia and Gona...my date that evening was Dia....yes, Diarrhea.

OY VAY!!!!! She was ready to rock as I hurried to the bathroom... For the first round I just "hung on to the seat rim" and blasted away for a good ten minutes. Whew, she was talkative, "Okay, back to bed for a little rest, with luck she's happy and tired too." So I pull the covers over, get comfy and put my head down... When....I got that feelin'....Ahhh! She wants to dance....hurry and scurry to the bathroom I murmur, "C'mon" be gentle I've got a five hour drive I don't have time to play...."

Well, I wish the toilet seat had a seat belt...Whoa can she dance! I'm weak, tired and concerned now about the "Fully loaded car with leather seats under my fully loaded butt!" what a time for us to not have the tour bus. Well, we danced the Twist, the Watusi and Cha-cha-cha until she decided she had had a nice enough time as she faded from the evening. I thanked her for her consideration for my plight of a long drive and bid her a "Farewell" as I headed for a nice hot shower and a breakfast of "Kaopectate." The car ride was "Cautious" but "uneventful."


Kapopectate, I salute you!