Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yesterdays News 1/17/2012

Had a very nice gig at the Marymount college. Played with some fine musicians and friends, Ray Kehenetsky on piano, Frank Avalon Jr. on drums, myself on bass and NS/Stick backing two wonderful singers. Had a nice solo spot on NS and invited Frank to play along, he did just great. Figuring he had no idea what I was going to play, for that matter I didn't have it all mapped out either which made it all the more exciting as well. It went over just greatl.



I used my old "Kustom". For those of you familiar with this amp. they have a 'great look'

This is what mine looks like. Nice to sit on too! It gets one and only one good sound. Saves me from having to turn knobs to dial anything in, it just does the "one" great sound lol. I replaced the original speaker with a high end 15" but the amp. section is all original. I like playing the NS (something so new) thru something this old. It was given to me from a dear friend (Pat Duncan - wrote the great movie Mr. Hollands Opus). After me telling him about this great looking amp I used to have in the 70's he found a collecton of them ... 40 of 'em and bought them all, and had them shipped from back east. kept only the red ones and let me pick one I wanted so I took a blue one. Fun amp.



Have a great day all.

Don





To see yesterdays news click the 'coffee' cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment