Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yesterdays News 1/21/2012

Had a wonderful time at NAMM 2012, met friends, saw gear and as usual walked away with "I gotta have it! I neeeeed it!" The 'new' Apollo by Universal Audio was fabulous. High end interface for computer recording. Comes with dual and Quad. The plug ins sounded 'the best' and zero latency when you record and play in real time. Features DUO processing and Quad.

Click the image to go to more info.



Then I went over to OZONE 5(IZotope booth). I'm not much on reading manuals anymore so I thought I'd visit and get a one on one demonstration and have questions answered. My big one was, "Can I have a stereo mastered recording that I like (example favorite produced tune) and have the sonic perameters copied, then applied to my mix? answer "Yes". Then I was shown how. Great product.



Ate at a nice burger place 4 blocks from the convention center, tastey (and I was hungry and new I'd be walkin' all day). Got a late start so all the 'close' convention parking was full however!!! Not to far away on "Garden walk way or ave." I always have gotten a space in there parking structure... healthy walking distance, not terrible.



Well that's the news.. sure if I thought about it I should have taken pictures but got to wrapped up in going from booth to booth to booth for MILES. Some I never found like Moog at booth 5000 hall C. Found 4999 and 5200 but 5000 was invisible I guess. Oh well, I'll write them and let them now I looked.



Have great weekend!

Don



To see yesterdays news click the 'coffee' cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment