Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yesterdays News

Excellent! Another great day. Will be going to the NAMM show this Friday. It is so large there now that if I planned to meet any of your there I would never find you HOWEVER, when you just 'go'...you end up bumping into everyone anyway just as long as you don't plan it! Go figure. I usually run into Mark McCrite, Erik Norlander, Neil Citron, , Neil Bettencourt and sometimes Steve Adelson . This year I'm mainly interested in software plugins for my studio. I'm not playing there this year but and representing a product called "The Freddy". (High end piece of gear that allow you to midi in to any high end synths, plugins and control them all via footpedles). Last year I played at the booth, this year they aren't setting up, just showing up. Soooo I get to be a "free range" kind of guy and Roam around for hours aimlessly taking it all in. AND they even have the NAMM app for your phone. Really!!! I downloaded it last year. It tells you what booth all the products are at and about that particual product. Makes walking aimlessly a little more productive.



This Monday I have solo spot in a show that I'm backing a singer in down in the Hermosa Beach area. It will be a fun concert. The singer sings a Pop style like "Dean Martin" actually. Very fun. He asked if I'd back him up with the Stick and play just he and I on the tune "Send in the Clowns". Then asked if I would do a few solo tunes just myself. "OF course, a moment to just be me! C'mon easiest thing I do.



Then the busy weeks of music start. Lots of writing and recording. I was asked to play at Lisa LaRue and John Bakers wedding. I was honored. John Payne (of Asia) is going to sing as well. Should be a lovely event. Perhaps I'll write something for the occaision. I've got time, its a few months away.



Early day tomorrow, Everyone "Go to bed" its' 2 am.

Don





To see yesterdays news click the 'coffee' cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment